Thursday, June 11, 2009

Fear Factor - Baltimore Edition

Hi Folks,

I heard the best analogy to Ethan's eating today. Mark was explaining Ethan's feeding situation to a coworker when the coworker said 'It would be like you or me going on Fear Factor and having to eat goat eyeballs'. How astute.

That must be exactly what it is like for Ethan.

Today Ethan's mixture of strawberry yogurt & vanilla yogurt went to a 75/25% ratio by dinner time. He tolerated it with more fighting than breakfast, lunch or snacktime, but he tolerated it. Progress is progress so we're happy.

The major change, in my opinion, is that he took the mixture from a strawberry yogurt container. This may seem like a small thing, but he 'reads' labels and looks for the vanilla symbol on the front. He saw the big old strawberry picture and ate the yogurt anyway. Yippee!

Ethan spends all day long eating or getting his mouth ready to eat so it should be no surprise to me that he ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT WANT to sit in the Ronald McDonald House dining room while I eat. His behavior was so bad last night that I had to take my plate outside to eat. It worked out fairly well, I just have to work out the kinks in filling my plate in the dining room, going downstairs, through the playroom and out the door into the courtyard with a food plate in one hand and a wiggly, antsy boy in the other hand.

Have a great night!
Molly & Ethan

1 comment:

  1. That analogy from Mark's co-worker kind of puts a different spin on what its like for Ethan! Hang in there Molly! Love you!

    ReplyDelete